VALUE ADDED TAX
We work to help businesses only add value to goods and services through their production or distribution activities, and therefore, the tax should be based on the value added at each stage of production rather than the final price paid by the consumer. VAT is typically applied as a percentage of the sales price of a good or service.
Value added tax is one of the most complex tax regimes imposed on businesses – so complex that many businesses and not-for-profit organisations inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever growing demands of Customs and Excise call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to.
Our integrated VAT planning and compliance services include:
- Assisting with VAT registration
- Advising on VAT planning and administration
- Using the most appropriate scheme
- Reconciling VAT and control measures
- Helping with the completion of VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with Customs and Excise including dispute resolution and representing you at VAT tribunals